CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Simplicity Sunday



Life at Walden Pond


As I attended the Ward Conference today in our Home Ward, and listened to the Relief Society lesson, I was reminded that my goal for the year is holding nicely. Simple. calm, slow down. Those were my goals for 2009, so far, the last week of the month, and I feel a great pleasure in knowing I am still reminded of this very difficult goal in my life. I am a very Do do do person, hardly taking a moment to stop and "smell the roses" so to speak, but as the lesson pointed out, by Elder L. Tom Perry, to earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives, I was reminded it's a goal, that is totally attainable. The wonderful poet Robert Browning's words,
"The best is yet to be" sticks in my mind, and I continue to pause, reflect and heal, as Henry David Thoreau did at Walden Pond many many years ago. The necessities of life are so simple, and very easy to obtain, I will continue, to obey the commandments, that will help me to accomplish is goal.

3 comments:

Mr. Mustachio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clayton said...

are you sure your slowing down... it took you 3 days to write this post! :)

Hansen Family said...

Glad you are slowing down. You can always come out for a visit. It's really slow paced here.